Who is SkyeBase
SkyeBase wants to accelerate the transition towards a more sustainable industry. We do this by revolutionizing how drones and sensors are used for industrial inspections and by delivering the right insights to our customers. Our goal is to create a more sustainable future where industrial installations are more in uptime, safer, more efficient, and reliable. We use the latest underwater and above water drone and sensor technologies to capture the highest quality of inspection images. SkyeBase has developed I-Spect, a smart (AI driven) Asset Inspection Platform, which helps the end users to centralize, analyze and visualize inspection data and integrates with other enterprise asset management platforms.
How you will make an impact
As a front end software developer, you will be crucial in the development and the shaping of the I-Spect Asset inspection platform. You will collaborate closely with the CIO and the development team to brainstorm, design and make decisions feature priority, UI/UX design and the overall product roadmap. On a daily basis, you will collaborate in cross-functional teams consisting out of data engineers, ML engineers, UI/UX experts, drone pilots, universities and end customers.
As SkyeBase grows, we expect you to grow together with us! We envision your path may grow towards VP of software engineering, Product Manager or similar. You will have the opportunity to be meaningfully involved in the areas of product, engineering, hiring and people management among others.
- Optimize the UI/UX strategy for I-Spect together with the CIO
- Design and develop the I-Spect Platform (Focus on Front-End)
- Integrate the 3D models (digital twins) in I-Spect
- Define and implement the product development roadmap and long term strategy together with the CIO
- Setting up relevant engineering processes for ensuring maximum quality, stability and efficiency.
- Setting up tests scripts to test out new designs.
- Collaborate with the CIO and cross-functional teams (e.g.: end customers, drone pilots, AI engineers, Universities, …)
- An entrepreneurial start-up mentality
- Very proactive and assertive! Knowing how to explain your ideas and convince relevant stakeholders.
- Experienced in building SaaS product(s) for enterprises
- +2 years experience as a professional front end developer
- Experience in building early stage products
- Bachelor / Master in computer science or equivalent experience
- Great communication skills in English (oral and written)
- An agile mindset (scrum/kanban) and a strong problem solving attitude
- Good organizational skills and clean code principles
- The ability to learn new technologies in a short amount of time
- Knowledge of
- Vue.js / HTML / CSS (vue 3, composition api and/or NuxtJS is a plus)
- Design tool (e.g.: Figma, penpot, …)
- HTTP / REST API
- Git, jira
- Unity / Unreal / Three.js
- Interest in drone, sensor and data technology
- Experience in building 3D models from drone images / point clouds
(Pix4D, RecapPro, Blender)
- SQL (PostgreSQL)
- AWS (S3, EC2, Cloudfront)
Why do you want to work with us?
- Be a part of a very fast-growing start-up in a super exciting and growing market (Drones & AI)
- Be a part of a passionate, dynamic, no-nonsense company culture and straight-line way of working (Work hard <> Play Hard)
- Be together with us and our international partners a frontrunner in the development and deployment of new technologies in sectors of Drone Technology, Data Technology and Digital Transformation. (DT³)
- The opportunity to work from home and/or work in our modern offices
- A competitive salary & benefits in line with the job requirements
- The opportunity to work on innovative technologies in the drone and AI scene with international players.
- The opportunity to grow together with SkyeBase as we expand our team in Belgium and take our first steps towards international growth.
If you are looking to be a part of our story, if you are up for a challenge, if you want to have a meaningful impact as an intrapreneur and if you want to help us build the future of how drones are being used for a more sustainable industry …… Get in touch with us!