Who is SkyeBase
SkyeBase wants to accelerate the transition towards a more sustainable industry. We do this by revolutionizing how drones and sensors are used for industrial inspections and by delivering the right insights to our customers. Our goal is to create a more sustainable future where industrial installations are more in uptime, safer, more efficient, and reliable. We use the latest underwater and above water drone and sensor technologies to capture the highest quality of inspection images and develop smart (AI driven) software solutions to deliver the right maintenance insights to our international end customers in the Industry, Energy and infrastructure markets.
How you will make an impact
As an AI Vision Engineer at SkyeBase you will play a critical role in the development of new machine learning models to support the users of our Asset Inspection Platform in their decision-making process. You will focus on the development of deep learning models, neural networks and vision models for handling inspection images coming from UAV’s, ROV’s, Smart Glasses and Thermal camera’s. On a daily basis you will collaborate closely with the CIO and cross-functional teams consisting out of data engineers, software engineers, UI/UX experts, drone pilots, universities, and end customers.
As SkyeBase grows, we expect you to grow together with us! We envision your path may grow towards Head of Machine Learning or other similar functions. You will have the opportunity to be meaningfully involved in the areas of product, engineering, hiring and people management among others.
- Be in charge of data capturing, cleaning and internal/external annotation processes
- Closely collaborate with the end customers, sales team and software team to explore the relevant customer needs and translate them into the right technical requirements.
- Design, develop and deploy scalable training and inference pipelines which are hosted on cloud infrastructure.
- Design, develop, train and test machine learning models (CNN, R-CNN, …)
- Develop network optimization techniques for real-time on-edge deployment of the models
- Research and develop new approaches and technologies for increasing model performance
- Setting up relevant engineering processes for ensuring maximum quality, stability and efficiency for the deployment of the new machine learning models in production (CI/CD pipelines, version control, …)
- Collaborate with the CIO and research institutes in AI driven subsidies projects.
- An entrepreneurial start-up mentality
- Very proactive and assertive! Knowing how to explain your ideas and convince relevant stakeholders.
- Experience in building Machine Learning models for SaaS product(s)
- +3 years work experience as a professional AI engineer
- Bachelor / Master or PhD in AI engineering or a proven track record in a similar role
- Great communication skills in English (oral and written)
- An agile mindset (scrum/Kanban) and a strong problem solving attitude
- Good organizational skills and clean code principles
- The ability to learn new technologies in a short amount of time
- Knowledge of
- Deep learning frameworks (TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch)
- Computer vision libraries (Open CV)
- A general knowledge of the possibilities of AI but with a deeper focus and interest in Vision
- Others: Git, Jira, Flask, …
- Interest in drone, sensor and data technology
- Fluent in Dutch
- Experience in AWS / Azure
- Experience in 3D modelling (Unity)
- Experience in building 3D models from drone images / point clouds (Pix4D, RecapPro)
Why do you want to work with us?
- Be a part of a very fast-growing start-up in a super exciting and growing market (Drones & AI)
- Be a part of a passionate, dynamic, no-nonsense company culture and straight-line way of working (Work hard <> Play Hard)
- Be together with us and our international partners a frontrunner in the development and deployment of new technologies in sectors of Drone Technology, Data Technology and Digital Transformation. (DT³)
- The opportunity to work from home and/or work in our modern offices
- A competitive salary & benefits in line with the job requirements
- The opportunity to work on innovative technologies in the drone and AI scene with international players.
- The opportunity to grow together with SkyeBase as we expand our team in Belgium and take our first steps towards international growth.
If you are looking to be a part of our story, if you are up for a challenge, if you want to have a meaningful impact as an intrapreneur and if you want to help us build the future of how Machine Learning and drones are being used for a more sustainable industry …. Get in touch with us!